Wednesday 15 May 2013

Fat Free Blueberry Muffins

I was delighted to find this recipe in Good Housekeeping's The Baking Book.  Sometimes I find muffins a bit too stodgy and sticky with the amount of fat or oil in it.  I was unsure how it would work but I decided to try it anyway.  It is super easy to whip up when time is tight and totally fail safe.  I've used this recipe several times now and I have changed the recipe very slightly, reduced the amount of sugar and lemon, as the original was a bit too sweet and the lemon was very overpowering.


I am the "Queen of Ugly Cakes"!!!
They may not look perfect but they are definitely yumdiddilyumscious!!  
They always look like the elephant man but the look doesn't affect the taste.

Fat Free Blueberry Muffins

2 medium eggs
250ml milk
200g golden granulated sugar
2tsp vanilla extract
350g plain flour
4tsp baking powder
250g frozen blueberries
finely grated zest of one lemon
  • Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
  • Put the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla extract into a bowl and mix well.
  • In another bowl sift together the flour and baking powder, then add the blueberries and lemon zest. Make a well in the centre.
  • Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix in gently.  
  • Divide the mixture between the equally among the muffin cases.
  • Bake for 20-25 mins until risen and just firm.
  • Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
Hopefully your muffins will look better than mine but I bet that they will taste gorgeous.
Enjoy.

Rosie

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow Rosie those look super scrummy, thanks so much for sharing I think these might very well be on the cards for our baking session this weekend xxx Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very interesting recipe - I thought it might have applesauce to replace the fat, but no. Wow! They do look tasty.

    I use olive oil in my muffins - a very small amount - so they're usually not too heavy. Now I'll have to try this out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try muffins with apple sauce. That sounds lovely. Must go look up a recipe for them. :))

      Delete
  3. I can almost smell them....enjoy! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, they look very tempting, thank you for sharing the recipe :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blueberry muffins look very good to eat... I look forward to seeing your sewing room being created.. I am your newest follower.. Hugs from Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I tried to look up your blog the other day but I couldn't find it. Can you send me on the name and I'll pop over for a look.

      Delete
  6. I've got frozen berries in the freezer so may have to give these a try. Plus i'll try them with coconut sugar.
    x

    ReplyDelete

I adore to see a comment popping up. If you have the time, please do leave a few words. I try my best to reply to all the comments that I get.
Rosie xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.