Friday 11 January 2013

Chorizo Pasta Bake

This has to be the most requested dinner in our house.  It is an easy dinner that is great when there's any peppers or tomatoes that are lurking in the bottom of the fridge, crying out to be used up.
I hope that the picture does it justice.  I make it so that one side is crispier than the other to accommodate different preferences in the family.  And my oven always kindly helps me on this issue because for some reason on side is more enthusiastic about cooking than the other!
Ingredients:
200g Penne Pasta
1 Chorizo Ring
2 Peppers, I used yellow and green here
1 Onion
2 Cloves of Garlic
2 Tins of Tomatoes
2 Tbs Tomato Puree
1 Tsp Sugar
1/2 Tsp Hot Chilli Powder
2 Mozarella Balls, cubed

Method:

  • Preheat the oven to 180°C
  • Put the pasta on to cook in slightly salted water and drain when it is al dente (not sure about the spelling here but you know what I mean).
  • Roughly chop the peppers and onion and add to a pan on at medium heat.  Add to this the sliced chorizo and the two cloves of garlic that have been only slightly crushed with the blade of your knife.
  • Cook until the chorizo turns to oil red.  It's nicer to have a slight crunch to the peppers so be careful not to over cook them.
  • Sprinkle in the chilli powder.  I only use 1/2tsp because the kids don't like it hot.  You can add more to suit your liking but just remember that the chorizo can be quite hot too!
  • Add in the tins of tomatoes and stir in the puree and sugar.  Let is simmer for about 10 mins until the tomato puree has slightly thickened the sauce.
  • Add the cooked pasta to this and top with the mozarella.  
  • Bake in the oven for 15 mins until to top is nicely melted and crisping at the edges.
  • Serve with garlic bread and a lovely glass of vino.
How Easy is that??  I hope that I wrote it clearly enough.  I haven't put up a recipe in a while and I'm a little out of practice.

Enjoy,
Rosie xx

3 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I'd be taking the crunchy side :D
    Thanks for sharing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. I've never had chorizo - and me growing up in SoCal which was full of good Mexican grocery stores! I think Mr. M would love this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this sounds delish! I am so making it soon!

    ReplyDelete

I adore to see a comment popping up. If you have the time, please do leave a few words. I try my best to reply to all the comments that I get.
Rosie xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.