Monday 13 August 2012

Taking It Easy

Life has been very quiet of late. With the kids off school and keeping me on the move all the time, I've had little time let to dedicate to crafting or baking.  The evenings are the only time I've got to mellow and sit down with a Kate Davis pattern, Manu, that I've wanted to work on for a long time.
A neighbours dog decided to have a taste of my leg last week, leaving me with stitches on both sides of my calf and so to cheer me up my husband brought us all down to my beloved Easkey to relax for the weekend.  And relax I did.  Gentle walks on the riverside and coastroad, campfires at night where we all sat around eating and telling silly stories and best of all watching the river in the hope to see the beautiful silver streak of a salmon rising gracefully from the water.  I must say that it really is a beautiful sight to see (maybe because I'm married to a fisherman!), especially as it is sadly a sight that is becoming rarer and rarer each year.
I'm going to make the most of the rest of the school hols with the kids and then go on a stitching and baking frenzy when school starts up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore to see a comment popping up. If you have the time, please do leave a few words. I try my best to reply to all the comments that I get.
Rosie xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.