Thursday 28 June 2012

Raisin And Walnut Muffins

This recipe is for all walnut lovers and forgive me for not trying this out first but I am not included in this category.  My mother makes these all the time and loves them.  It's an old recipe that she found on a Prestige baking tin.  It's a slightly unusual and very easy recipe.  Hope that you enjoy.

Ingredients:
325g Plain Flour
100g Caster Sugar
1tbsp Baking Powder
1/2tsp Salt
1 Egg
325ml Milk
75ml Vegetable Oil
50ml Sweet Sherry
75g Walnut Pieces
75g Raisins

Method:

  • Sieve together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
  • Beat the egg lightly and stir in the milk, vegetable oil and sherry.
  • Mix liquid into the dry ingredients.
  • Do not over mix
  • The mixture will appear slightly lumpy.
  • Stir in the walnuts and raisins.
  • Divide between the 12 muffin cups.
  • Bake at 200°C for 20/25mins.
  • Lift the muffins from tins and cool on a wire rack


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore to see a comment popping up. If you have the time, please do leave a few words. I try my best to reply to all the comments that I get.
Rosie xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.